EuroBloodNet’s main goal is to improve the healthcare and overall quality of life of patients with a Rare Hematological Disease by:
- Improving equal access to highly specialized healthcare delivery for RHD by facilitating the establishment of a European cross border referral system for patients and samples through a multidisciplinary patient centred approach.
- Enhancing the best practices in prevention, diagnosis and safe clinical care across Europe based on promotion of evidence based guidelines by pooling expertise within EuroBloodNet
- Disseminating cutting-edge knowledge and facilitate continuous medical education in the field of RHD in collaboration with the European Hematology Association and the European School of Hematology
- Providing inter-professional consultation by sharing of expertise and safe exchange of clinical information
- Fostering European cooperation to support epidemiological surveillance of RHD and to gather the critical mass needed for development of innovative therapies, clinical trials and cutting-edge methodologies for diagnosis.
In line with these objectives, five main Transversal Fields of action (TFA) has been established to implement annual work plan aiming to achieve EuroBloodNet goals.